Health is wealth’ is an old, but true, proverb. And, when you are expecting a baby, the proverb becomes ever so real. And, one of the things used to improve health, digestive health, is an artichoke. But, is eating artichoke during pregnancy considered safe? Can it supply useful nutrients for your fetal growth? Read the following post, to discover the incredible benefits of artichoke during pregnancy!
- Eating Artichokes while pregnant can supply choline to your body that aids in healthy brain cell development of your baby.
- The recommended daily intake of choline during pregnancy should lie around 450 milligrams, and a single artichoke supplies almost 41 milligrams.
- Choline helps in improving your baby’s memory and protects him from severe mental illnesses and neural tube defects.
- By lowering the percentage of amino acid homocysteine in your body, it protects you from the risk of breast cancer.
- A high proportion of homocysteine in your blood can cause cancer, heart disease, and cognitive decline.